In this page we’re assembling things to read, watch, or listen to about how data can be used for social good.
This list is by no means complete, which is why we welcome contributions from the visualization community.
If you have a suggestion, drop us a request at
firstname.lastname@example.org or via a Pull Request on GitHub.
- Let’s Do Virtuous Data Visualization
- The Ethical Engine: Integrating Ethical Design into Intro Computer Science
- Data is Personal. What We Learned from 42 Interviews in Rural America
- Doing More With Sample Datasets
- Can Visualization Elicit Empathy? Our Experiments with “Anthropographics”
- Ethical Infographics: In data visualization, journalism meets engineering
- Empathy through visualization
- Data Humanism, The Revolution will be Visualized
- On Missing Data Sets
- PolicyViz 142 - Catherine D’Ignazio and Lauren Klein
- PolicyViz 136 - W.E.B. Du Bois’s Data Portraits
- DataStories 109 - Feminist Data Visualization with Catherine D’Ignazio
- DataStories 103 - Explorable Explanations with Nicky Case
- DataStories 122 - Visualizing Climate Change Scenarios with Boris Müller